Your Pastel Evolution software has been reloaded or you have a new PC or for some reason the settings have been lost and you need to reconnect.
This will show you the step by step method of how to connect company databases. You will need certain information like the SQL server name or IP address of where the server is as well as which Pastel Evolution Common, company database name as well as passwords for the SQL Administrator if authentication is required.
It sounds complicated but once you have the information it is just a few steps to follow.
- Double-click your Evolution shortcut on your desktop to get your login screen.
If your login screen appears as below, just click the Options button to expand the view as above.
- Click on Locate.
- SQL Server Name: This is the name of the server where SQL resides. You can obtain this from your IT administrator.
- You can use either Windows NT authentication or SQL Server authentication. If you use SQL Server authentication you will need to get the password from your IT administrator.
- Database Name: If authentication is successful you will be able to select the database you require from the dropdown box.
- Click Next.
- Most of the time for the Common Database you can just tick the box Use Common database on the same server.
If for some reason your Evolution Common Database sits on another server or has a different name, then you can follow the same instructions as step 2, except that you will then point to your Evolution Common Database, and not the company database.
- Click Finish. Your database will now appear in the login list of databases.